Our Home School Link Worker – Sarah Dutton
Sarah is our HSLW and is based at our local junior school, The Chandler.
Sarah's role is:
- to help parents coping with challenging children, giving parenting guidance and support
- to offer advice on how to maintain positive behaviour
- to encourage communication between the school and the family
- to listen and offer support on problems and issues, using counselling skills
- to support children with difficulties and provide a forum to talk about concerns in a confidential and non-judgemental environment
- to provide emotional support and build self esteem
- to help families with access grants and information
- to help improve family relationships and be available for families in crisis situations
- to carry out home visits to support families and children by providing outreach support
If you would like to speak with Sarah, please make an appointment via the office. Sarah is also able to make home visits. Please do not feel shy about seeking advice and support. It’s a tough job being a parent…and Sarah is here to help!