Our Music scheme is exciting and stimulating! We follow the Kapow Music curriculum which explores different genres of music through a wide range of songs, instrumental pieces and dance movements.
Children are given opportunities to gain and refine their musical skills through performing, composing, singing, listening and responding to music.
The school has a good selection of musical instruments appropriate for young children.
All Year Two children learn the recorder in structured lessons through our Charanga Music scheme.
There are whole school concerts throughout the year to celebrate special events such as Harvest, Christmas and Easter and at assembly times.
- Listening and responding to different styles of music
- Embedding foundations of the interrelated dimensions of music
- Learning to sign or sing along with nursery rhymes and action songs
- Improvising leading to playing classroom instruments
- Share and perform the learning that has taken place
- Use a range of instruments to change beat rhythm and pitch.